Now Hiring: Retail Salesperson + Beertender (Little Italy)
Just as Bottlecraft is a combination of a beer bar and a beer shop, our team-members are expected to be both a Beertender - who can make anyone in our bar feel welcomed - as well as a Retail Salesperson - who can work to keep Bottlecraft's inventory stocked and organized while helping customers find the perfect bottle for their tastes.
Sound like you? Then read on!
DO THESE TRAITS DESCRIBE YOU?
- Lover of craft beer
- Available to work on every weekend. If not, please do not apply.
- Hard worker: Are you constantly moving and happy to tackle daily tasks?
- Friendly and outgoing: Do you enjoy serving and talking with guests?
- Bartending experience: Do you have at least two years experience bartending? If not, please do not apply.
- Proactive, self-starter: If you see something dirty, do you jump right in and clean it up?
- Solid time management: Do you show up on time, every time?
- Works extremely well with others: You a team player?
- Hospitable: Do you enjoy serving?
- Very strong interpersonal skills: Do you love meeting and interacting with people?
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application.
- Smile and greet guests
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs and questions
- Help guests choose from our vast and ever changing lineup of beer, cider and wine
- Receive and stock cases
- Move and re-stock kegs
- Perform daily cleaning duties
- Execute transactions through our POS system
- Perform opening/running/closing duties according to Bottlecraft policy and procedure
- Adhere to Bottlecraft's policies and procedures
- Maintain all Bottlecraft Safety and Sanitation standards
- Enforce all applicable alcohol laws and rules
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed
- Based in San Diego
- Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods
- Able to read and follow written English instructions
- Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 55 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to safely navigate in tight and crowded spaces
- Able to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance
- Able to move 165-pounds, using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with moderate noise and occasionally slippery floors
- Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
Nights and weekends
If this sounds like you, please send us an email with your resume, availability and references to info@BottlecraftBeer.com. In the body of the email tell us a little about yourself and answer the following questions:
1) What's your favorite beer right now and why?
2) In your opinion, what distinguishes Bottlecraft from other bars?
3) Why should we hire you?
4) How would you, in your own words, define "customer service"?