Now Hiring: Retail Salesperson + Beertender (North Park)
Just as Bottlecraft is a combination of a beer bar and a beer shop, our team-members are expected to be both a Beertender - who can make anyone in our bar feel welcomed - as well as a Retail Salesperson - who can work to keep Bottlecraft's inventory stocked and organized while helping customers find the perfect bottle for their tastes.
Sound like you? Then read on!
- Greet guests as they enter
- Anticipate and respond to guest needs and questions
- Help guests navigate our vast and ever changing inventory of beer, cider and wine
- Receive and stock cases
- Move and re-stock kegs
- Execute transactions through our POS system
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawers, counting, and reporting while on shift
- Help reinforce and provide accountability for all cash handling processes
- Perform opening/running/closing duties according to Bottlecraft policy and procedure
- Maintain all Bottlecraft Safety and Sanitation standards
- Enforce all applicable alcohol laws and rules
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Perform cleaning duties
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed
- Based in San Diego
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- A love for craft beer
- Friendly and outgoing
- Retail Experience
- Evening, weekend, and holiday availability required
- Organized with attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starter
- Works extremely well with others
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace
- Great communicator
- LEAD Certified
- Very strong interpersonal skills and a love for meeting and interacting with people
- Thorough attention to detail and desire to take initiative
- Must adhere to company’s policies and procedures
- Able to stand, walk, and be on your feet for prolonged periods
- Able to read and follow written English instructions
- Able to regularly twist, turn, kneel, climb, stoop, bend, crawl, lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 55 pounds using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to safely navigate the tasting room and snack bar areas, including crowded spaces
- Able to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance
- Able to move 165-pounds, using appropriate techniques and tools
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, cold, and hot
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environments with moderate noise and occasionally slippery floors
- Able to comply with and enforce all health, safety, and personal hygiene policies and standards
The physical demands/conditions described above are representative of those that must be met/tolerated by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Weekends (Friday-Sunday)
If this sounds like you, please send us an email with your resume, availability and references to info@BottlecraftBeer.com. In the body of the email tell us a little about yourself and answer the following questions:
1) What's your favorite beer right now and why?
2) In your opinion, what distinguishes Bottlecraft from other beer stores and bars?
3) Why should we hire you?
4) How would you, in your own words, define "customer service"?